This news could take some time for the market to sort through the implications. It may more or less mean the end of the risk rally if economic indicators flatten out again – the key in coming days will be to judge movements in the risk universe, as well as the markets reaction patterns to incoming data. Monday could see considerable swings as investors sort through this story over the weekend and decide on a course of action.
Be extra careful out there.
Further gleeful reading,
– Now is the time to inject some genuine transparency – Gillian Tett, FT
– Goldman Sachs and a dark corner of the market – John Gapper, FT
– It’s not just Goldman – it’s the clients, Heidi Moore
– S.E.C. Inquiry May Widen, Khuzami Hints, Dealbook
– Read Goldman Sachs’ Abacus pitch book – Reuters
– Bring on the Juicy E-mails – WSJ, MarketBeat
– Goldman’s Abacus lies – Felix Salmon, Reuters
– Oooh, things are starting to get interesting – Naked Capitalism